Friday, October 2, 2009

Freedom of Speech

Our country is blessed with many different rights. The most important one to me is our freedom of speech. To me, that is the most important because it’s good to hear and know what other people think and feel. It is important to and for everyone to say what you think and believe in everyone has there own opinion. I as a citizen have the right to speak my mind. The purpose of this right is not to put someone down or to hurt their feelings but to express yourself and your rights in a positive and appropriate way --without being offensive, hurtful, or bringing someone down. That’s not the way we as citizens should represent our right to freedom of speech.

2 comments:

  1. April,

    I agree Freedom of Speech is one of our most rights as citizens. I also agree that right should not be abused or used to degrade, demean, or hurt others. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really insightful blog, and I completely agree with you. Without the right to free speech, a lot of our other rights wouldn't be possible!


    -Valerie
    Globaloria Intern
    RTC

    ReplyDelete